Day 7: I CHING - The book of changes ...

The I Ching, or the Book of Changes, is an ancient Chinese divination text and one of the oldest books in human history.

Dating back more than 4,000 years, is of Chinese culture and philosophy, offering guidance and wisdom to generations of people.

The I Ching is based on the principles of Yin and Yang, the fundamental cosmic forces that shape the universe and human life.

The I Ching consists of 64 hexagrams, each representing a unique combination of six lines.

These lines can be either broken (Yin) or unbroken (Yang), symbolizing the two fundamental forces in the universe. The hexagrams are divided into two trigrams, each consisting of three lines.

The eight possible trigrams represent different natural elements and qualities, such as heaven, earth, water, and fire.

The I Ching is used as a tool for divination.

To consult the I Ching, one typically poses a question or seeks guidance on a specific issue.

The answer is then revealed through a process of generating a hexagram, which can be done using various methods such as yarrow stalks or coin tossing.

Enjoy divination!



Comments

Popular Posts